When you are a business owner, one of the most complex decisions is which platforms to target. A mobile app offers you better authority and efficiency, but it can't be so versatile as the web. Now, you wish to get an app that works everywhere (iOS, Android, and web), but you believe it is an expensive affair. In this blog post, we will tell you Why Use React Native for Web and how it benefits you in cost-cutting and gives you a universal app that works everywhere.
Web Development: React Js or React Native for Web?
Well! The reason being React Native already has cross-platform mobile app development (Android and iOS.) Complimentary to this, React Native for Web enables the use of a single codebase that renders anywhere on Android, iOS, and the web without any effect on performance. It also acts as the middle layer between React Native and React DOM, which your developers can use in web-only apps and multiple platforms enabling them to build web apps that work on various platforms. It reduces the development timeframe and the workforce needed, saving your time and investment.
Why Use React Native for Web
React existed long before React Native for Web, but a few factors give React Native for Web an edge over React. Let us have a look at a few of them:
- It enables you to run codes with minimal changes for the web if you have a codebase that you don't get in React, as you must do the coding from scratch.
- It offers max. Code sharing if you wish to get both app and web versions, while React binds you to keep view files separately.
- The cross-platform support enables quick app deployment with reduced code time, while you don't get this privilege in React.
- It offers vital accessibility through accessible HTML and APIs. The components of React Native that offer accessibility are accessible, accessibilityLabel, importantForAccessibility, accessibility role, and accessibilityLiveRegion.
- It offers high-quality interaction modes extended to the ones in React Native, which account for keyboard, mouse, and touch. It also has a Responder System for more advanced gesture recognition.
- It has simple mechanisms to localize layouts that match the writing direction (left to right or right to left) of the app or a specific component tree.
- It works together with existing React DOM components and joins with only what you use.
- It provides support for reliable styles, including RTL support.
- Promotes incremental adoption of the framework.
- It also provides Client-side rendering support and third-party app integration support.
Features of React Native for Web
Every frontend framework must have its utility. Similarly, there are a few things that make React Native for Web usable:
- Simple Set-Up Process: You can quickly start using React Native for Web using Expo, as it offers a bundle of tools created around React Native. The Expo SDK version 33 facilitates React Native for Web support. It also provides an inventory of tools that simplify the development and testing of React Native apps.
- Superior Development Experience: If you have an appeal to a multi-platform app, Expo is available for your disposal. It involves web support and looks after the needed configuration work. The expo kit also provides hot reloading and other benefits for development and experience.
- Navigation Library: React Native has one of the most prominent navigation libraries as React Navigation with version 3.0 now; it also offers React Native for Web support.
- Styling: If you know the styling in React Native, it is easy to understand the styling components in React Native for Web. If you wish to have a specific web styling, then you can go with conditional styling using Platform.OS === ‘web’ check.
It is crucial to say that React Native for Web is a better choice than React. It depends on your needs and the product you intend to deploy in the market. But, this blog post must have given you a viewpoint to look at React Native for Web and the ends where it has the upper hand over React. I hope this helps you make the right decision for your next development project.
Connect with us if you wish to know more about React or React Native for Web for your product development. We are the experts here to help you based on your business needs and requirements.